Stories From A Yellow Room

Friday, April 4, 2008

That Time of The Year



It’s That Time of the Year

I smell freedom as I sit through a heap of crippled notes, turned and twisted due to excessive reading. I close my eyes n imagine my self in a land devoid of these sheets…my room looks clean, my bed spotless…these heaps of sheets that surround me don’t exist..and then I open my eyes n the papers lie scattered all over… blotted with black ink showing my devoted reading of the same…I’ve turned into a nocturnal creature it’s 3 am n I know the night is just half over…I pace up n down my room n try n recollect all that I’ve read today…I repeat it to myself almost mechanically…the silence of the night deafens me n I put on a radio channel to fill my room with some noise…I sleep off n wake up the next morning only to find myself in the same pile of books n notes…
It’s that time of the year again the time when schools, colleges and teachers “test” our capabilities in a three hour long combat between the student and the question paper.
I wait each day, every day for them to start for starting signifies ending too…
We all take exams first for almost 10 years of our lives in a row (almost twice a year)…come college then 3 more years… should we then still have the exam phobia should I not be an expert at handling pre-exam stress n shouldn’t the 3 hour combat be less strenuous…but seems like it isn’t…it’s always different always seems like the first time. the anxiety remains….
It surprises me how my endless effort of endless days of endless studies gets metamorphosised into those 3 hours…
My regular routine is wearing me out…m living on coffee, eating junk food n sleeping at erratic hours…this is what I despise bout this time-period…also accompanying this obscure behaviour is the prodigal use of imagination…often bored with my books I slip away to some of the most imaginatively creative worlds…I imagine myself in situations I do not otherwise…I travel, I go back in time… get reminded of some much forgotten experiences…weave endless charming stories n honestly it’s something I don’t know everyday…it’s only during this period that this faculty( which I now call Examination Imagination) reaches it’s zenith. Sleep seems to be my muse as it guards me at all times…coming off so swiftly and easily that it gets hard to resist so I give in more than often…I take my quick naps and cover up the guilt by telling myself I’l compensate, which off-course is a plan that gets distracted by sleep again.
This time I’am doing something different I am writing down my experiences, I’m makin an examination memoir. I’m sharing it with you so u know that u r not alone…everyone has their way of combating these stressful weeks at the end of the day we all make it through…Amen
.

No comments: